May again a few streets in Zottegem during this summer vacation from Friday 1 July to Wednesday 31 August at the request of local residents (and on their own responsibility)eid in case of accidents) if so-called playground decorated become. These streets then become every day from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m closed to traffic and reserved for playing children. Only those who live in the street or have a garage, as well as cyclists and priority vehicles are allowed to drive in the street during that time frame, albeit at walking pace and provided that priority is given to the children playing.
In the following streets (or part of them) motorists will have to take this into account:
– In the district Bijloke: in the Goudenregenstraat and in the Abeelstraat, F. Of the Meulebrouckestraat and Iepenstraat (corner of Eikenstraat / Eikensteeg to Sint-Niklaasplein).
– in Sint-Maria-Oudenhove: in the Terrace Street.
– in Stripping: in the Beislovenstraat (from to the Leirensweg until the crossing to the Kleine Lage).
– in Velzeke: in the Zwartestraat and Blarenhoek.
– in the Lelie district: in Mirtestraat (passage from Leliestraat to Moerbeistraat and vice versa remains possible).
The layout as a playground gets to traffic signaled by means of nadars with the necessary traffic signs that (must) be placed by the street manager at the start and removed afterwards.