Go for a walk in Melle this summer and let yourself be carried away and inspired by poems by Mellenaars and non-Mellenaars.
Sunday morning the poetry project was walked along the bank of the Scheldt. The initiative to place 14 poems in the streets comes from the Vzw Warm Water and KultuurThuis Henri in Melle. They gathered local talent as well as big names from the poetry world who were inspired by the location where their works are now hung.
Poems are currently posted at 6 locations:
- Village square under the gazebo: poem by Andreas Raven,
- Square at the guildhall: poem by Norbert de Meyer
- Gontrode cemetery: poem by Linda De Geest
- Scheldt behind dawn: poem by David Slosse
- Scheldt behind Canon Triest: pen poem by Emilia Motoasca
- Pool: poem by Claude van de Berge
The first 2 weeks of July, 8 more poems will be posted and also poetry exchange cabinets.
Poezieruilkas’: Take a poem, give a poem