– Nele from Hypno in a Box gives tips for dealing with the heat in the coming days
– A heat wave in Belgium has a negative impact on the mood of many people and can lead to aggression
In the coming days we expect a…yes…heat wave.
Blissful for some, a nightmare for others.
Sleeping can get difficult
Sweating all day can be experienced as unpleasant
Nele: “The people who suffer from it know it.
It has an impact on your mood and before you know it you can take it out on someone else: your children, your partner, someone you meet in the store, someone who does something in traffic that you don’t like,…
“You allow yourself to be hypnotized by the heat”, says Nele Descheemaecker, mindset coach & certified hypnosis therapist.
But things can be different: you can decide to adjust your mindset and take control of your behavior.
You may already do that in other situations: When you are on holiday abroad and you go to a warm country, you don’t walk around aggressively and enjoy it. You can also do this when you are at home.
You have the power to positively influence your mindset, fun for yourself and fun for those around you.
Nele shares some tips to help you with this:
– Take it easy when it gets really hot.
Give yourself that holiday feeling, even if you are not abroad.
– If you have to work: get up a pure hour earlier.
In the morning the temperatures are a lot lower and you are more productive.
– Do not drink ice cold drinks. It just makes you sweat more.
So rather drink something lukewarm or warm, however contradictory this may seem.
– Take a cold foot bath or place your wrists under cold running water.
– Stop complaining. Your brain reacts to complaining and makes you feel even less good about yourself.
“This is how we create a more pleasant society together, and that’s what we all want, right?”
If you are confronted with an aggressive or blunt reaction from someone, do not take it personally and do not respond to it.
It has nothing to do with you. Well with the mindset of that person at that moment.
You can’t change the weather, but you can change how you deal with it!”
For more information about Nele Descheemaecker and the services she offers, visit her website: https://hypnoinabox.be