Yesterday (20 July 2022) the: New underground “glass containers” Bovenstraat in Horebeke were put into use.
A suitable location must meet many conditions:
Ships for the environment Hendrik Blommaert: “- the absence of utility lines so that there is sufficient space at the top to empty the containers with the crane
– easily accessible and do not cause any nuisance for the local residents
That is why the Horebeke municipal council has proposed this location to the waste intermunicipal company IVLA
The underground “glass bulb containers” offer many advantages:
– de site glascontainers is netter
– the underground containers attract less “flying”
– there is less noise nuisance, odor nuisance and fewer insects are attracted
– finally, there is permanent camera surveillance and illegal dumping is discouraged,
IVLA has 2 qualified employees for their working area who monitor the camera images on a daily basis
follow up and be able to act immediately
The old above-ground glass containers site in Koekoekstraat will remain “as a transitional measure” until August 15, 2022.
in use, after that the above-ground glass bulb containers definition will be removed.”