We would like to welcome you on September 3, 2022 at 13:30 at the meeting center in Strijpen.
Lecture 1000 bombs and grenades
Mr. Jacques Callebaut, Active military in the rank of Adjutant Major, deminer and a long-time employee at DOVO, takes you on a journey through the universe of unexploded bombs and grenades scattered here and there in our country. World War 1 and 2 left many traces in our Flemish landscape, but what is still in the ground and how much has already been made harmless?
What should you do if you suddenly find old ammunition while digging in your garden… and much more, Jacques gives you the right answer.
Register before 27 August 2022 at: [email protected] stating the number of people. Admission 8€ per person.
Your payment is valid as registration on the account of: “Friends of the former combatants” with account number: BE 91-9790-8554-1776 stating: your name + the number of persons and “DOVO”.
Your registration tickets can then be collected at the entrance at the start of the lecture.
Our members can also register and pay directly with their contact person.
– 13:30hr start of the welcome reception
– 14:00hr explanation regarding the Security and Defense training by Cdt Van den Cruyce, military coordinator of this training at the Koninklijk Atheneum in Geraardsbergen.
– 14:30hr Mr. Jacques Callebaut delivers the lecture: “1000 bombs and grenades” DOVO the lifesavers.
– 15:30hr Break with the possibility to order a drink
– 16:30hr End of the performance with the possibility to ask questions to both lecturers between pot and pint.