The veterans’ union Zottegem is organizing a lecture on 3 September about the activities of the DOVO mine clearance service. The lecture will take place in the Strijpen meeting center and will start at 1.30 pm.
1,000 bombs and grenades
The speaker on duty is Jacques Callebaut. He is an active military officer in the rank of Adjutant Major, deminer and has worked for DOVO for a long time. The lecture is entitled ‘1,000 bombs and grenades’ and takes you on a journey through the universe of unexploded bombs and grenades that are scattered here and there in our country.
“World War 1 and 2 left many traces in our Flemish landscape, but what is still in the ground and how much has already been defused? What should you do if you suddenly find old ammunition while digging in your garden… and much more.”
- Register before August 27, 2022 via [email protected] stating the number of persons.
- Entrance 8€ per person.
- Payment is valid as registration on the account of: “Friends of the former combatants” with account number: BE 91-9790-8554-1776 stating: your name + the number of persons and “DOVO”.
- Registration tickets can then be collected at the entrance at the start of the lecture.
Our members can also register and pay directly with their contact person.
- 13:30hr start of the welcome reception
- 14:00hr explanation regarding the Security and Defense training by Cdt Van den Cruyce, military coordinator of this training at the Koninklijk Atheneum in Geraardsbergen.
- 14:30hr Mr. Jacques Callebaut delivers the lecture: “1000 bombs and grenades” DOVO the lifesavers.
- 15:30hr Break with the possibility to order a drink
- 16:30hr End of the performance with the possibility to ask questions to both lecturers between pot and pint.