Tuesday evening there was a fierce house fire in the Grotenbergestraat in Zottegem. All residents were able to leave the building in time. Three apartments were declared temporarily uninhabitable.
The fire started around 8 p.m. and generated a lot of smoke. Reportedly, the cause was a cooking pot that was forgotten to take off the fire. After the call, the fire brigade rushed to the scene. Mayor Evelien De Both (N-VA) came to check on the situation. “The emergency services were quickly on site and managed everything in the right direction, my express thanks for that”, give them in a comment. “Fortunately, there were no injuries. The three floors of the building were declared uninhabitable. We sought and found a solution for the residents so that they could spend the night safely.”